Sony F5 for rent at Film Equipment Hire Ireland now with the 4K internal upgrade
The Sony PMW-F5 CineAlta Digital Cinema Camera features an 8.9 MP Super 35mm image sensor capable of capturing 4K, 2K and HD internally in Sony’s XAVC codec onto SxS PRO+ memory cards, and 4K and 2K RAW to an optional Sony AXS-R5 external recorder. It features 14 stops of dynamic range, applicable to both RAW and XAVC recording as long as S-Log is turned on, for truly film-like rendering of highlights and shadows. The camera natively features an FZ mount and includes a PL-mount adapter and Nikon Adapter.
Out of the box, the Sony F5 for rent at Film Equipment Hire Ireland records 2K and HD up to 150 FPS, 4K up to 60FPS
- Highly Modular Design
- In addition to the AXS-R5 recorder, a digital interface on the Sony F5 allows for a variety of optional viewfinders. DVF-EL100 is a 0.7″ OLED viewfinder with 1280 x 720 resolution. DVF-L350 is a 3.5″ LCD viewfinder with 960 x 540 resolution, and the eyepiece flips up for direct monitoring. DVF-L700 is a 7″ LCD viewfinder with 1920 x 1080 resolution for monitoring Full HD pixel-for-pixel. Other modular components include the optional Sony shoulder rig, which features industry-standard rosettes on both sides for quick and easy attachment of third-party hand grips and other accessories.
- Native FZ-Mount and PL-Mount Adapter
- The Sony F5 is designed to accommodate a wide range of lenses. With the PL-mount adaptor, you can take advantage of acclaimed cine optics from Angnieux, Canon, Carl Zeiss, Cooke, FUJIFILM, Leica and more. Slip off the supplied PL-mount adaptor to reveal the native FZ-mount with an 18mm flange focal distance. The FZ-mount provides an interface for native FZ lenses like Sony’s SCL-Z18X140 auto focus servo zoom lens or a range of adaptors for still lenses, including Canon EF, Canon FD, Nikon F, Leica M and more.
- Dynamic Range Rated at 14 Stops
- The ability to render a range of exposure values from deepest shadows to brightest highlights is a crucial test of any digital camera. The F5 is capable of an impressive 14 stops of exposure latitude, low-light sensitivity and low noise in the blacks. The digital sensor’s dynamic range approaches that of traditional motion picture film.
- Intuitive One-touch Interface
- Designed with significant input from cinematographers, the Sony F5 features an intuitive interface for a range of controls. Instead of diving through menus, you get direct, one-touch access to key shooting parameters including frame rate, shutter speed, color temperature, ISO sensitivity and gamma. Assignable buttons mean that your favorite adjustments are always at your fingertips.
- Wide Choice of Connections
- The Sony F5 offers numerous connections to suit your workflow, including four HD-SDI jacks, HDMI, USB, DC in connection, a removable XLR audio module and a removable time code/genlock module. The XLR inputs accept balanced analogue signals, provide 48-Volt phantom power and will accept four channels of AES/EBU digital audio with an expected firmware upgrade.